61. Disable Only Secure Content Is Displayed
Notification In Internet Explorer 9
Click Here to fix Windows errors and optimize
When you open a secure webpage using HTTPS you may find
that it also contains non-secure HTTP content. When this
occurs Internet Explorer will flag it by displaying a Only
Secure Content Is Displayed banner (see below).
Fig: 61-1 The Only secure content is
Once this banner pops up you have two options. You can
either ignore it or ask Internet explorer to Show all
In most cases the banner is actually ignored, thus the
mixed content is never displayed. If you are the type of
person that regularly ignores this banner then the chances
are that the regularity by which it keeps popping up becomes
Fortunately, you don't have to have this banner popping
up at inopportune moments, you can, instead disable it
To disable the Only secure content is displayed banner,
proceed as follows.
- Open Internet Explorer. Click the Tools option.
Fig: 61-2 Click the Cog wheel to access the Tools option
- From the Drop down menu, Click Internet Options.
Fig: 61-3 Click the Internet options on the Tool menu
- In the Internet Options window, Click on the Security
Fig: 61-4 Click the security tab to open the security
- On the Security Tab, Click the Custom Level button near
the bottom of the tab window.
Fig: 61-5 Click the Custom level to make the necessary
- A Settings window will now open. Scroll through the list
of Settings until you see Display mixed content. You will
find this under the Miscellaneous section. By default the
display mixed content option is set to Prompt ON.
Fig: 61-6 Scroll down the list of options until you
locate the Display mixed content option
- Click the Radio button to the left of the Enable OFF
option and then Click the OK button at the bottom of the
Fig: 61-7 Confirm that you want to make the necessary
changes by pressing the Yes button
- Click OK in the next window to close the internet options