8.11 Windows 8 Telephone Activation
Recommended: Click here
to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
By default Windows 8 automatically activates itself the very
first time you connect to the Internet.
Sometimes, however, the automatic activation does not go according to
plan and you are left with an inactivated copy of Windows 8 and an
irritating nag screen informing you that Windows 8 is in need of activation.
While having an inactivated copy of Windows 8 can be a nuisance it can
easily be remedied by telephoning the Windows 8 activation line.
To do this proceed as follows:
1. Press the Windows key and R on your keyboard to bring up the
Fig: 8.11.0 The Windows Run command
2. In the Run dialogue box type: slui.exe 4 and then
press the OK button.
Fig: 8.11.1 in the Run command box type slui.exe 4
3. When the Windows Activation window opens, select
the Country or nearest location to you from the drop
down Location list.
Fig: 8.11.2 Select your language from the language drop down list
4. The Activate Windows by phone window will now
Fig: 8.11.3 Input the required numbers into the ID box for
activation to proceed
5. In this Window you will see a Freephone
telephone number and a Local/National rate telephone
number. You need to select the relevant telephone number and dial it on
6. Once connected to the Activation line you will be
asked to provide a series of numbers. These numbers (see Provide these
numbers when asked on the activate windows by phone window) are
generated by your PC and give valuable information about your product
key. You input them via your telephones' keypad.
7. Once you have Inputted the required numbers, the
automated activation line will give you another set of numbers to input
into the activate windows by phone window.
8. You type these numbers into the available boxes in the
Enter the confirmation ID you get over the phone section of the
Activate Windows by phone window.
9. Once these numbers have been inputted, press the Activate
10. If all has gone well and you have inputted the numbers correctly
your copy of Windows will be activated.
11. If a problem occurs and you are unable to activate Windows you
will be told that the Activation cannot proceed. Do Not
terminate the call. Hang on and you will be transferred to a real person
who will take you through the steps again and will be able to help you
activate your copy of Windows.